Re: [EXIM] How gets mail to locked users handled?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Reginald Muchsel
CC: exim-users, Pascal.Gienger
Subject: Re: [EXIM] How gets mail to locked users handled?
On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Reginald Muchsel wrote:

> A Unix-Exim Problem:
> We often have the problem to lock users (basically it is a script with
> passwd -l and moving the home-dir to another place).

What we do when we do this is to change the home directory pointer in
the passwd file to something distinctive. As this is for cancelling
rather than locking users, we set it to /home/CANCELLED. Then we can
pick up such users with this director, which is placed immediately after
system_aliases:

# This director handles the lookup of cancelled users who are
# identified by having their home directories set to /home/CANCELLED.

cancelled_users:
driver = localuser
transport = cancelleduser_pipe
fail_verify
match_directory = /home/CANCELLED

The corresponding transport is

# This transport is used for piping messages for cancelled users to a
# shell script that generates a suitable message.

cancelleduser_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/opt/exim/util/cancelleduser.sh"
ignore_status
return_output
user = nobody

If you don't want to change the home directory in the passwd file,
have a look at the require_files generic director/router option. It may
be that

require_files = +!$home

on the localuser director above (and removing the match_directory) would
have the effect you want.