Re: [EXIM] Sendmail mailertable files

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bart Schaefer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Sendmail mailertable files
On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Exim's domain list syntax is oh-so-close, but not quite equivalent. Is
> there any way, without having to rewrite the file, to get exim's lsearch
> or partial-lsearch (or any other kind of search) to "correctly" read a
> mailertable?

I don't think so. I can make it work for complete domains:

tttt:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = smtp
  route_list = "lsearch;;/exim/test/mailertable \
    ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/exim/test/mailertable}\
    {${extract{2}{:}{$value}}}}"

[And I guess if you wanted to you could select field 1 as a transport
name instead of using a fixed one.]

However, the partial matching doesn't work because Exim looks up *.thing
rather than just .thing when asked to do partial matching.

I will put two things on the Wish List:

(a) Make $value hold the data part of a record looked up in a
domainlist configuration such as above, to save having to specify the
lookup twice (though it isn't inefficient, as the cache is used).

(b) Think about a variety of partial lookup that omits the leading *
from the lookup keys.