[EXIM] Alias rewriting

Author: Joel Rowbottom
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Alias rewriting
Hi folks --

I have this in an alias file for mydomain.co.uk:
*:${local_part}@???

This should, theoretically, be a catch-all for mydomain.co.uk which will then
rewrite to the equivalent user at mydomain.mailbox.co.uk.

However, when I do an exim -bt it gives:
calvin:/etc/mail/aliasfiles# exim -bt ian@???
${local_part}@???
    <-- ian@???
  deliver to ${local_part}@???
  router = lookuphost, transport = remote_smtp
  host hobbes.mailbox.net.uk [195.82.96.51] MX=10
  host rosalyn.mailbox.net.uk [195.82.96.248] MX=10

Anyone got any ideas? This is driving me mad - other expansions don't seem to
work either.

BR

J.

--
Joel Rowbottom BSc (Hons) -  Opinions are not necessarily those of others
Technical Director, Mailbox Internet Ltd, UK  -  Self-confessed Unix geek