[EXIM] Sendmail mailertable files

Author: Bart Schaefer
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Sendmail mailertable files
Each line in a sendmail mailertable file can roughly be described as
having the syntax

  <partial-domain>    <mailer> `:' <fqdn-domain>

E.g.

  zanshin.com    smtp:hiro.zanshin.com
  .zanshin.com    smtp:hiro.zanshin.com

A <partial-domain> that begins with a `.' matches the tail of the input
domain name (including the first `.'); a <partial-domain> with no leading
`.' must match the entire input domain. Thus you need the two rules above
to route any address within the zanshin.com domain to hiro.zanshin.com.

Exim's domain list syntax is oh-so-close, but not quite equivalent. Is
there any way, without having to rewrite the file, to get exim's lsearch
or partial-lsearch (or any other kind of search) to "correctly" read a
mailertable?

The goal here is to be able to copy the aliases and mailertable files from
another host's sendmail configuration and just drop them in to my exim
installation. It works nicely for the aliases file already ....

I suppose I could resort to a Perl subroutine.