[EXIM] Truncated Received: header lines

Author: Scot Elliott
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Truncated Received: header lines
Hi.

I've been playing with the received_header_text option to try and log the
envelope-from in my received headers. Using Exim 2.10, I've added the
sender_address to the bottom... but also noticed that when i try to
reformat the data to look more like sendmail's header (see below), then
any lines that are longer than 80 characters, get truncated rather than
wrapped.

I'd expect a long line to wrap like this (example from a custom
received header in sendmail):

          by soho.london.virgin.net (8.8.8+Sun/8.8.8) with ESMTP id
PAA03179
          for <scot@???>; Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:26:54 GMT
          (envelope-from exim-users-request@???)

But exim's header looks like:

        by lists.london.virgin.net (Exim 2.10 #1)
        with local id 1084Wd-0005Zw-00  for <owner-whatsnew@???.
        (envelope-from owner-test@???)
        ; Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:47:35 +0000

... as you can see, the received_for bit has been cut off.

Is there a system limit somewhere that I can set to make this longer, or
is the buffer length used to format these strings too short?

Thanks.

Scot