Re: [EXIM] Truncated Received: header lines

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Scot Elliott
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Truncated Received: header lines
On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Scot Elliott wrote:

> I've been playing with the received_header_text option to try and log the
> envelope-from in my received headers. Using Exim 2.10, I've added the
> sender_address to the bottom... but also noticed that when i try to
> reformat the data to look more like sendmail's header (see below), then
> any lines that are longer than 80 characters, get truncated rather than
> wrapped.

There is no such limit built into Exim anywhere that I know of. I have
just set up a test with a setting that was well over 80 characters long,
and it worked fine.

> I'd expect a long line to wrap like this (example from a custom
> received header in sendmail):

Note that Exim does not automatically wrap the Received header. If you
want it wrapped, you must stick in your own newlines, as in the default
setting, as documented with received_header_text.

You can try sending me a message with something long in it and I'll see
in what condition it arrives here...