[EXIM] Sendmail Person seeks exim knowledge :-)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Adam Bentley
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Sendmail Person seeks exim knowledge :-)

I've been a UCB sendmail user for many years so when I heard good things
about exim I decided to give it a whirl. I've got 2.05 working
successfully in it's most basic form and now I want to start adding bells
and whisltes to it in much the same way as my sendmail setup.

I currently use a modified sendmail 8.8.x distribution with local hacks
+ regular expression filtering on incoming external mail to catch spam (a
set of patches called 'spamcan').

Obviously there is also RBL and anti-relaying stuff, reject domains not in
the dns or which do not exist etc...

What I need to know is the following

1. With my sendmail setup I have two files which I use to filter incoming
email - spamcan.cf (regexps to trap) and spamcan-exceptions.cf (things to
pass regardless). Will exim allow me to create a file of regexps and match
incoming external email to the list of regexps - and if a match is found
file the offending message into a special location? Also is it possible to
make exim only filter parts of an incoming email - ie. ignore large mime
attachments for example and only process text/plain...

2. I've hacked sendmail to make an ioctl call during a delivery after the
rcpt to: has been done to check if a user has exceeded their email quota.
If they have I issue a temporary failure and a message - can I do this
with exim?

3. Does exim support DSN (delivery status notification).

4. We have a large password file and so I've modified sendmail to use
alternatives to getpwnam - I call a routine called xgetpwnam which looks
in a Berkelely DB file for the password info and extracts it from that -
only if the call fails to xgetpwnam do I call getpwnam and open and trawl
our rather large password/shadow files..... can exim use alternative
lookups during delivery to speed things up.?

5. I assume I can use my existing alias files and forward files as well as
procmail and effectively drop in exim in place of sendmail ?

6. I have lots of majordomo lists set-up in the alias file. I take it
these will integrate fairly easily into the exim world?

tia for any responses...

regards,
                                               /-\dam
FLESH: Adam Bentley, Systems/Networking/Usenet, Coventry University. UK
INET : A.Bentley@???
PGP  : finger ccx009@???
PRINT: BA 7F 70 41 4B 17 20 16  5F C7 94 AB 07 F3 9C A5
            #include <std/disclaimer.h>