Re: [EXIM] 421: unexpected log failure

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Alexandre Roy
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] 421: unexpected log failure
On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Alexandre Roy wrote:

> 421 Unexpected log failure, please try later
>
> I find nothing in the logs or in the system log about this failure and the
> permissions seems to be OK.

That seems strange. There is a call to syslog() immediately before that
error message is given. Could you remind me which operating system and
which version of Exim you are running?

> in fact, during the transaction Eudora gives many "RCPT TO" to exim and
> with the 23th exim gives the 421 message above.
> If the list (34 adresses) is broken in two pieces, we get no errors.

I don't suppose you've set recipients_max to 22 have you?

Can you reproduce the error by telnetting and typing in SMTP by hand, or
is is just from Eudora that the problem arises? If you can reproduce it
by hand, then may I suggest you run

exim -d9 -bd -oX 1225

That is, run an Exim daemon listening on port 1225 (or any other port
you choose) with debugging turned on. Then telnet to that port and
reproduce the problem. The debugging output from Exim might contain some
clues.

That is, if you are running Exim as a daemon normally. If you are using
inetd, it is trickier to set up debugging.