Re: [EXIM] 421: unexpected log failure

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Alexandre Roy
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] 421: unexpected log failure
> 421 Unexpected log failure, please try later
>
> (It does help to quote messages *exactly* when reporting things.) That
> message is given if Exim is unable to open its panic log to report a
> panic error (which might be failure to open the main log). Have a look
> to see if there is anything in the main or panic logs. There may also be
> something on the system log. Check out the permissions on Exim's log
> directory and log files.

I am sorry to quote the message not excatly, but I was not able (up to now) to
reproduce it my self. Two of our users get it and I did some investigation
with one by phone. The exact message is

421 Unexpected log failure, please try later

I find nothing in the logs or in the system log about this failure and the
permissions seems to be OK.

in fact, during the transaction Eudora gives many "RCPT TO" to exim and
with the 23th exim gives the 421 message above.
If the list (34 adresses) is broken in two pieces, we get no errors.

Regards
Alexandre Roy

Alexandre Roy                 E-mail: Alexandre.Roy@???
Universite de Lausanne        Tel:    021 692 22 33
Centre informatique           Fax:    021 692 22 05
Rte de Chavannes 33
CH-1007 Lausanne