[EXIM] minor wishlist bug: daemon_smtp_service

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
題目: [EXIM] minor wishlist bug: daemon_smtp_service
The specs say:
|Option: daemon_smtp_service
|Type: string
|Default: unset

|This option specifies the numerical port number or the service
|name equivalent on which the daemon is to listen for incoming
|SMTP calls. It is overridden by `-oX' on the command line.
|If this option is not set, the service name `smtp' is used.

While the specs are clear that that option should look like
"daemon_smtp_service = 25" in the config file, the naming "service"
and the last part of the sentence suggest that a service _name_ is
accepted too. In fact, it isn't.

With "daemon_smtp_service = smtp" is incorrectly set for example, exim
listens on port 6400 without an error message.

I would suggest that this be fixed so that a non-numeric option is
either rejected (causing a panic on startup) or accepted and looked up
in /etc/services and used if found, rejected if not found.

Greetings
Marc