Re: [EXIM] minor wishlist bug: daemon_smtp_service

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] minor wishlist bug: daemon_smtp_service
On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> With "daemon_smtp_service = smtp" is incorrectly set for example, exim
> listens on port 6400 without an error message.

Which version of Exim? A bug was fixed in this area in version 2.03.
However, it related to specifying a numeric value for this option. Maybe
I broke the name version? (The bug was that it was converting the value
to network byte order twice, thus breaking it on machines whose hardware
byte order is different to network byte order. We would have fewer
problems of this type if manufacturers didn't insist on building
different types of hardware. :-)