著者: Sheldon Hearn
To: Ben Smithurst
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Another test release

Hi Ben,

Some feedback regarding the issues you raised over the FreeBSD port for
exim:

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998 18:00:00 GMT, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Second, those two files in ${DISTFILES} are in different folders on the
> server; the texinfo one won't get fetched I imagine since it's not in
> the Testing folder (last time I looked).

After finding out that the only way to handle this was incredibly messy,
I chatted to Philip and he very kindly agreed to provide a link to the
exim-texinfo taball out of the Testing directory. :-)

> Being paranoid about the DNS (and most other things actually) I'd prefer
>
> sender_net_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1/32

This has been changed as per your suggestion. I assume this is the
configuration that at least _one_ person other than me uses, since I've
found "it works for me" to be a rather poor test in the past. ;-)

I've also corrected the port to handle the difference between BINOWN on
2.2- and 3.0- (bin and root, respectively). This means the ugly INSTALL
scipt is no longer required.

Thanks for your comments. If you mentioned everything that concerns
you about the port, it might be up to your standards. Note that it
installs the configure file as configure.sample and pops an exim.sh
into ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d . This makes it less work to "switch exim on",
without shooting first-time installers in the foot prematurely.

Current users: I'd greatly private appreciate feedback on the following:

    cvsup ports tree to get latest exim port (2.054)
    cd /usr/ports/mail/exim ; make install
    grep exim_user /usr/local/etc/exim/configure.sample
    ls -l /usr/local/sbin/exim*

Ciao,
Sheldon.