著者: Philip Hazel
To: David M Walker
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Request (was [EXIM] POP)
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, David M Walker wrote:

> As to whether POP is better than IMAP or not, the reason most
> ISP type services offer POP is that the user is not tempted to
> keep his 1Million messages on the server, using up all the ISP
> disk space.

But, but...

The big problem we have with POP is the Eudora users who select the
"leave mail on server" button. How do ISPs cope with that, or do they
lock out that option somehow?

The other problem we have is that users configure their POP agents to
poll the server at ridiculously short intervals, like every 30 seconds,
so it is doing password checks at that rate. I guess you don't get that
problem on dialup connections.