RE: [EXIM] 452 space shortage, please try later

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mickey Coggins
Cc: Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Asunto: RE: [EXIM] 452 space shortage, please try later
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Mickey Coggins wrote:

> The machine is doing the SIZE option. I suspect that the problem is
> with the STATVFS call. I am curious why if the sender sends a SIZE that
> it overrides my config setting that says "accept the message anyway".
> Without recompiling, is there a way to say REALLY don't check the size?

Unfortunately not. The RFC says

   (1) If the server currently lacks sufficient resources to accept a
       message of the indicated size, but may be able to accept the
       message at a later time, it responds with code "452
       insufficient system storage".

and that is what Exim is trying to implement. This is entirely
independent (in my mind, at least!) with the config setting that say
"don't accept mail if there is less than so much space in the spool
partition", though of course the code is optimised to do both checks at
the same time if required.

Have you managed to get any debugging output so that you can see what
statvfs is getting for its values? Which operating system are you using?

> When I try to test by adding the size=50 to the end of the mail from:
> command, it says I have a malformed address. Strangely, this works
> when using a remote mailer.

I bet you left out the <> in your command, which should be of the form

MAIL FROM:<user@domain> SIZE=50

> Also, I can't seem to get exim to allow just a helo message. I have
> helo_verify = false, and helo_strict_syntax = false but it keeps
> on complaining.

What is the complaint? If it is complaining about syntax, note that
helo_strict_syntax just permits underscores. If the helo is being
followed by real junk, you need to set helo_accept_junk_{hosts,nets}.