著者: Sheldon Hearn
To: Peter RATKAI
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Newbie questions...

PR> I've read the Doc's FAQ's [...]

Hi Peter,

I suspect you may have skimmed the docs, as opposed to actually reading
them.

PR> How can I set the maximum message size?

Have a look at the Exim Specification. It mentions the configuration
option message_size_limit:

| Option: message_size_limit
| Type: integer
| Default: 0

| This option limits the maximum size of message that Exim will
| process. Zero means no limit. It should be set somewhat larger
| than `return_size_limit' if the latter is non-zero. Incoming SMTP
| messages are failed with a 552 error if the limit is exceeded;
| locally-generated messages either get a stderr message or a delivery
| failure message to the sender, depending on the `-oe' setting, in the
| normal way. Rejection of an oversized message is logged in both the
| main and the reject logs.

PR> I've read on www.exim.org, that it is possible to make filters
PR> on messages.

Yes, you can use filters to handle limitations as well, but the above
option is pretty global. The plus is that it's simpler than filters.

I hope this helps you.

Ciao,
Sheldon.