[EXIM] IP hosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andromeda
A: Exim
Asunto: [EXIM] IP hosts
Hi all,

I was made aware of the fact that a host does not necessarily have to
answer with a hostname, but with an IP. Now, I read the documentation which
stated that if I add the "no_refuse_ip_options" keyword to my configuration
it would take care of that.

I've noticed that a mailing list that I'm subscribed on all of a sudden is
not delivered anymore. The headers in the rejectlog are as follows:

1998-11-13 04:07:38 connection from [209.90.71.31] refused (reject host)
(failed to find sending host name from IP address)

Does this mean the gethostbyname() call failed, after that hosts said EHLO
(or HELO) with its hostname (in this case "slcdug.org")? If so, how do I
stop this? Isn't that what "no_refuse_ip_options" is supposed to do?

I would like to receive the emails. At least I can use "sender_net_reject"
and "sender_host_reject" if my generous IP option is abused.

Or is it sender_host_reject and sender_net_reject that are causing the
problem? They are currently set to:

sender_net_reject = /usr/exim/local/net-blacklist
sender_net_reject = "lsearch;/usr/exim/local/host-blacklist"

Both those files are currently empty, hence effectively all hosts are allowed.

Any ideas?

Andromeda

= The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/ =
=                Home of Search & Replace 98                 =