Re: [EXIM] Testing version of Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Testing version of Exim
Quoth Greg A. Woods on Thu, Nov 12, 1998:
> Others may have more specific information, but according to my
> experience and the SunOS 5.6 make(1) manual page, the default SunOS make
> is still very specific to Sun. However it seems there are now optional
> operating "modes", such as a POSIX mode (/usr/xpg4/bin/make [which is
> rarely installed] or put a ".POSIX:" target in the Makefile) and a SysV
> mode (-V).

"make", "make" with .POSIX: target, /usr/xpg4/bin/make, and "make
-V" (where make is /usr/ccs/bin/make) all give the same results,
exactly what I described in the previous post of mine.  On the
following OS:
    SunOS solx86 5.6 Generic i86pc i386 i86pc
I haven't tried Solaris on Sparc yet.  But I'm not really
interested.  I'm interested in the conclusions below, and the
fact that there is at least one version of make(1) in which
`backticks` are the only way to do it.

Conclusion:

VAR    != command args
works with BSD make.

VAR    = $(shell command args)
works with gmake.

VAR    = `command args`
is the only portable, but highly inefficient way to achieve this.

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.