Re: [EXIM] transport_filter for incoming SMTP

Author: Alexander Koch
To: Greg A. Woods, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] transport_filter for incoming SMTP
On Fri, 16 October 1998 10:06:21 -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> The Open Relay Blocking System reduces the bandwidth consumed even by
> innocent relay hosts to the bare minimum SMTP handshake necessary to
> brush them off. See http://dorkslayers.com/orbs/.

That thing is a major pain..
Say you have many customers with a dialup account, from a /27 to
a /29, feeding all of them with bsmtp (I *love* Exim). Clueless
ppl running M Sex Change or that Lotus Domino thingy or Netrape
Mail Server. All open relays and only a handful of our customers
are being dialed by us.
It all worked smoothly. Until then...

I'll stick to the RBS.

Alexander

--
Razors pain you, rivers are damp, acids stain you and drugs cause cramp. Guns
aren't lawful, nooses give, gas smells awful; You might as well let them live.