Re: [EXIM] Underscore in hostname

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Richard Welty
Cc: exim-mailing-list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Underscore in hostname
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Richard Welty wrote:
> At 01:32 PM 9/15/98 +0100, Matthew Frost wrote:
> >On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 12:54:20PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> >> Underscores are not legal in domain names. The following change was made
> at my previous job, i made our M$ Windows NT weenie fix his exchange
> server. it turns out you have to reinstall it completely to change the name.
>
> best part was, once he converted the _ to a - character, he found out that
> M$ SQL Server doesn't like - in a host name. he ended up having to
> reinstall everything one more time.

apparently you can change the system name (usual reboots apply) for Exchange,
by fiddling with the DNS setup and then diving into the registry; one of our
customers managed this but he was pretty clueful.

A lot of people then go away and upgrade WinNT to Linux and find it works a lot
easier :-)

Paul
----
* A third of our time is spent fixing things broken by others, another third *
*    doing real work, and the final third breaking things others will fix    *