Re: [EXIM] Underscore in hostname

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: Matthew Frost, Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-mailing-list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Underscore in hostname
At 01:32 PM 9/15/98 +0100, Matthew Frost wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 12:54:20PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
>> Underscores are not legal in domain names. The following change was made
>> to Exim at version 1.921:
>[snip]
>> Interestingly, you are the first to have trouble with this. Previous
>> complaints about underscore have all been to do with the arguments of
>> HELO commands.

>I've had one complaint about it since upgrading from 1.82 to 2.02.
>I've no idea if they've fixed their DNS yet - but they were quoting an
>email address with an underscore in the domain name. *sigh*

at my previous job, i made our M$ Windows NT weenie fix his exchange
server. it turns out you have to reinstall it completely to change the name.

best part was, once he converted the _ to a - character, he found out that
M$ SQL Server doesn't like - in a host name. he ended up having to
reinstall everything one more time.

$#@!@#$%$@@ Micro$oft

richard

--
Richard Welty
NeWorks Networking, Inc.                                  518-244-9675