Re: [EXIM] DNS and exim on Solaris

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jonathan Knight
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS and exim on Solaris
On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Jonathan Knight wrote:

> What I would like to achieve is that I still get to use NIS for most
> applications, but exim never touches NIS. To do this I need to leave the
> nsswitch.conf line alone, but I need to configure or compile exim so that it
> always calls the gethostbyname() routine from within the libresolv.so
> library, rather than going into the libnsl (or libc?) libraries and getting
> tangled up in all the funny stuff in there.

Exim only uses gethostbyname for resolving email addresses if you
configure it to do so. You already remarked that it could resolve MX
records. It does all this by calling the DNS resolver functions
directly from the lookuphost router, by default.

The case you were hitting was its use of uname()/gethostbyname() in
order to find the name of the local host. This can be overridden by
setting primary_hostname in the configuration file.