Re: [EXIM] DNS and exim on Solaris

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jonathan Knight
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: jonathan, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS and exim on Solaris
> Presumably because of the way the OS is configured to respond to uname()
> and gethostbyname()...

Yes. I want the NIS names for most applications.

> > My main question is how do I go about forcing exim to be a DNS
> > only application.
>
> Not quite sure what you mean by a "DNS-only" application.

What I would like to achieve is that I still get to use NIS for most
applications, but exim never touches NIS. To do this I need to leave the
nsswitch.conf line alone, but I need to configure or compile exim so that it
always calls the gethostbyname() routine from within the libresolv.so
library, rather than going into the libnsl (or libc?) libraries and getting
tangled up in all the funny stuff in there.

I used to do this specifically for email, news and http daemons so that
those only ever reported fully qualified hostnames. Now news and http are
on BSDI where you just hook in -lresolv to get a resolver version of
gethostbyname. I'd like to get exim to only ever report fully qualified
host names without ever looking in NIS or /etc/hosts.

I thought I could compile exim against a static library of bind, but that
has the drawback of not necessarily being 100% compatible with the OS
resolver. What I really want to achieve is to link the gethostbyname() and
gethostbyaddr() functions into the libresolv.so library directly.

--
  ______    Internet  :jonathan@???   Jonathan Knight,
    /       UUCP      :...!uknet!kl-cs!jonathan  Department of Computer Science