Re: [EXIM] DNS and exim on Solaris

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jonathan Knight
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS and exim on Solaris
On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Jonathan Knight wrote:

> I'm having trouble with exim on Solaris. It thinks it's running on a system
> called "frodo" when it's really on "frodo.teach.cs.keele.ac.uk".

You can set primary_host_name to force any name you want. If you don't,
it calls the uname() function to get the host name. If that returns an
unqualified name, it tries to get the fully qualified name by calling
gethostbyname().

> I can check this with exim -bs so I'm fairly sure that its just pulled out
> the NIS name and not the DNS one.

Presumably because of the way the OS is configured to respond to uname()
and gethostbyname()...

> My main question is how do I go about forcing exim to be a DNS
> only application.

Not quite sure what you mean by a "DNS-only" application. By default,
the lookuphost router uses the DNS; you have to change the configuration
to get it to use gethostbyname(). In other routers there are also
configuration options.