[EXIM] DNS and exim on Solaris

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jonathan Knight
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] DNS and exim on Solaris

I'm having trouble with exim on Solaris. It thinks it's running on a system
called "frodo" when it's really on "frodo.teach.cs.keele.ac.uk".

I can check this with exim -bs so I'm fairly sure that its just pulled out
the NIS name and not the DNS one. Also using "ldd" shows that exim isn't
linked against the libresolv.so.2 library, which was the case in previous
versions. The compilation is pretty much out of the box and the -lresolv is
on the final build line so I'm a bit stumped. Oddly, exim can resolv
MX addresses, so I suspect that something sneaky is going on in nsl. I've
tried this on 2.5 and 2.6.

I shall persevere with the above problem, but any helpful hints would be
appreciated. My main question is how do I go about forcing exim to be a DNS
only application. My nsswitch.conf has "nis dns files" for some important
reasons and I need nis before dns for some applications. Under good old
SunOS 4 we used to just do a -lresolv to hook in the DNS versions of
gethostbyname() and such, but on SunOS5 that's not the case. I've tried
renaming the gethostbyname() as res_gethostbyname() and linking against
-lresolv, but that just produced an undefined symbol. Has anyone attempted
to use the resolver functions in -lresolv directly? How did you do it?

--
  ______    Internet  :jonathan@???   Jonathan Knight,
    /       UUCP      :...!uknet!kl-cs!jonathan  Department of Computer Science