Re: [EXIM] sender_verify_except_hosts question

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Matthew Adams
To: Exim Email List
題目: Re: [EXIM] sender_verify_except_hosts question
On Wed, 09 Sep 1998, at 09:07:38 +0100
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Matthew Adams wrote:
>
> > 1998-09-08 08:02:36 0zGHnP-0000Dg-00 rejected from punt-11.mail.demon.net [194.217.242.34]: no valid sender in message headers: return path is <nobody@???>
> > Recipients: matt@???
>
> I pointed out that this was a failure of headers_sender_verify; Matt
> countered by saying that sender_verify_except_hosts is supposed to apply
> to that; I agreed and went away to think. On my way home I realized I
> had been totally asleep when I originally answered. Here is a better
> comment:
>
> sender_verify_except_hosts *does* apply to headers_sender_verify.
> However this message was not received from any host that matches
> *iee.org.uk. It was received from punt-11.mail.demon.net. Consequently,
> the exception does not apply.

It's probably my fault that you went down the wrong track initially as
I misled you about the problem, due to my own stupidity as to exactly
how the mail works to me as a dial up host connected to Demon. I had
been interpreting the sender as the original sender, not punt-11 at
Demon which is what actually sends the mail to me - my mistake I'm
afraid, and one I should have spotted as I've been caught by this
before. (Maybe one day I'll be able to get my head round exactly how
email works!)

> I don't think there is anything you can do about this other than devise
> a way of rewriting headers in the affected messages, or persuading the
> management of iee.org.uk that they should stop sending out malformed
> messages.

Philip has since stated to me by private email that he will contact
their postmaster - thanks for that, and the rest of the help.

Matt.

--
Matthew Adams
email: matt@???