Re: [EXIM] sender_verify_except_hosts question

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Matthew Adams
CC: Exim Email List
題目: Re: [EXIM] sender_verify_except_hosts question
On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Matthew Adams wrote:

> I suspect this is a simple error on my part, but I don't seem to be
> able to get sender_verify_except_hosts working correctly, so I'm
> hoping someone can point out my mistake.
>
> My exim configure file contains the following:-
>
> sender_verify = true
> sender_verify_fixup = true
> headers_check_syntax = true
> headers_sender_verify = true
> headers_sender_verify_errmsg = true
>
> # Following are hosts not verified, iee does not use a valid sender
> sender_verify_except_hosts = "*iee.org.uk"
>
> I have also tried "iee.org.uk" without the "*" in front too, but in
> both cases I get a rejectlog entry:-
>
> 1998-09-08 08:02:36 0zGHnP-0000Dg-00 rejected from

punt-11.mail.demon.net [194.217.242.34]: no valid sender in message
headers: return path is <nobody@???>

Oh dear. That isn't a failure of sender_verify; it is a failure of
headers_sender_verify. Unfortunately, there is a present no way of
setting up any exceptions to it.

[Actually, I note that <nobody@???> is in fact a perfectly
acceptable sender address, so sender_verify would work on it.]

> So the question is how do I get exim to accept messages from
> iee.org.uk, without turning off sender verification?

You could just turn off headers_sender_verify. This would accept
messages with valid senders in the envelope, but not check the headers,
except in the case of error messages (which have an empty sender in the
envelope).

If that is not acceptable, then the only alternative is to find some
cunning rewriting scheme for one of the headers that comes from
iee.org.uk.