Re: [EXIM] address_file and user rights

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] address_file and user rights
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:45:29 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>> With this config, exim runs the delivery as majordomo. This way,
>> /home/wh/lists/test-list needs to be writable by majordomo. I have
>> "solved" that problem by making the dir world-writeable. Is there
>> any more elegant way?
>
>You could run the delivery as "wh", couldn't you?

That would run all majordomo deliveries as wh because
majordomo.aliases is the main majordomo alias file.

>> I am reluctant to change the transport's or the director's
>> properties since they are probably used by many other processes
>> on that machine.
>
>Ah. If the contents of /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases contain no
>other file or pipe items, then you are safe to change the "user" option,
>because nothing other than /home/wh/lists/test-list can use it.

majordomo depends heavily on pipes, so that file is full of them.

>You can set file_transport=special_local_delivery and then create a new
>appendfile transport called special_local_delivery which has a different
>mode setting - and indeed could use a different uid/gid if you like. It
>would, however, apply to *all* file deliveries generated from
>/home/wh/lists/test-list.

I see. While my current problem was solved by using archive2.pl,
it would be a good idea to allow specifying modes and uid/gids for
files. Otherwise you would clutter up your configuration with special
alias files and special drivers that only serve for _one_ delivery.
This is not urgent, though.

Greetings
Marc