Re: [EXIM] address_file and user rights

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Haber
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] address_file and user rights
On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> -rw-rw----   1 wh       majordom     9676 Aug 19 19:23 test-list

> Transports:
> address_file:
> driver = appendfile
>
> Director:
> majordomo_aliases:
> domains = "lists.bartsch-partner.de:lists.jahr2000.dgri.de"
> driver = aliasfile
> file = /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases
> search_type = lsearch
> user = majordomo
> optional = yes
> qualify_preserve_domain = yes
>
> With this config, exim runs the delivery as majordomo. This way,
> /home/wh/lists/test-list needs to be writable by majordomo. I have
> "solved" that problem by making the dir world-writeable. Is there
> any more elegant way?

You could run the delivery as "wh", couldn't you?

> I am reluctant to change the transport's or the director's
> properties since they are probably used by many other processes
> on that machine.

Ah. If the contents of /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases contain no
other file or pipe items, then you are safe to change the "user" option,
because nothing other than /home/wh/lists/test-list can use it.

> The next problem is that exim refuses to write into that file.
> It only writes into a file that is owned by majordomo.majordomo
> and adjusts the permissions to -rw-------, making it unreadable to
> the user who has to read it for processing.

You can set file_transport=special_local_delivery and then create a new
appendfile transport called special_local_delivery which has a different
mode setting - and indeed could use a different uid/gid if you like. It
would, however, apply to *all* file deliveries generated from
/home/wh/lists/test-list.