Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alan Thew
Cc: Paul Mansfield, Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Alan Thew wrote:

> I agree with what you say... I would not want new code that would be
> used for s short while or left in with some performance penalty... it
> would be useful only if it could be done with say exim's filter, there
> is already a procmail solution.

Somebody who knows more about MIME headers than I do (which is not
difficult, since I know nothing) could polish up something like

if ${substr_500:$h_MIME-Version:} is not "" then
headers remove MIME-Version
headers add "MIME-Version: ${substr_0_500:$h_MIME-Version:}"
fi

into a usable form. Hmm, no that won't work because you can't refer to it
after you have removed it. It would have to be something like

headers add "Dummy: ${substr_0_500:$h_MIME-Version:}"
headers remove MIME-Version
headers add "MIME-Version: $h_Dummy:}"
headers remove Dummy

This is just off the top of my head! Don't treat it as a working
solution in any way.