Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Alan Thew, Paul Mansfield, Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?

ph10@??? said:
} Somebody who knows more about MIME headers than I do (which is not
} difficult, since I know nothing) could polish up something like

} if ${substr_500:$h_MIME-Version:} is not "" then
} headers remove MIME-Version
} headers add "MIME-Version: ${substr_0_500:$h_MIME-Version:}" fi

As I understand it, the problem is with things like superlong filenames.
These would appear in the *body* of the message - not the RFC822 headers.
Remember there can be lots of MIME parts - each with their own
mime-headers.

You could deal with the MIME-Version header as you suggest, but not
anything that is linked to the internal mime parts.

BTW The procmail recipe appears to fork off a perl script to find and deal
with the problems. That is serious overhead per message!

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]