Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alan Thew
A: Paul Mansfield
Cc: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Paul Mansfield wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Alan Thew wrote:
>> We would be interested...
>>
>> On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>> >exploiting a bug in some email clients. This bug compromises security if
>> >The Sendmail folk have produced a patch that allows the admin to truncate
>
>humble opinion:
>this feature will be used if at all for about a month whilst mail client
>people scramble to fix bugs introduced by bad programming practises (i.e.
>lack of peer review, poor testing etc).
>
>I think this, as a feature of Exim, could in the long run actually cause
>more problems than it solves.
>
>I'm sure a quick hack could be introduced but I'm not sure it'd be a good
>thing to make it a permanent feature of Exim. There's already been a lot of
>work-rounds for badly behaved non-rfc systems, when will Phil have to stop?

I agree with what you say... I would not want new code that would be
used for s short while or left in with some performance penalty... it
would be useful only if it could be done with say exim's filter, there
is already a procmail solution.

--
Alan Thew                                       alan.thew@???
Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442