Re: [EXIM] Exim-1.92: Macro expansion bug with `domain=' in …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Harald Meland
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim-1.92: Macro expansion bug with `domain=' in routers
On 13 Jul 1998, Harald Meland wrote:

> Also, would giving a warning when situations like this occurs while
> reading the configuration file be feasible? If not a bug, it
> _definitely_ is a very nasty gotcha that should be logged some way.

I agree with your assessment of the nastiness of it. Mea culpa. I am
embarrassed.

> Issuing a warning to some log would help a lot in figuring out what
> the problem is.

I suppose I could do that by checking at macro definition time. Come to
think of it, perhaps I should *forbid* one macro from being a substring
of another. How would that be? In any case, there isn't really a
mechanism for warning of configuration problems - writing to the log
(even the panic log) may not get noticed very quickly.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714