Re: [EXIM] Exim-1.92: Macro expansion bug with `domain=' in …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Harald Meland
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim-1.92: Macro expansion bug with `domain=' in routers
[Philip Hazel]

> Macros in Exim are simple macros, *very simple* macros. I should,
> however, have pointed out this effect in the documentation.

Also, would giving a warning when situations like this occurs while
reading the configuration file be feasible? If not a bug, it
_definitely_ is a very nasty gotcha that should be logged some way.

When several people are modifying the config file, it is rather
cumbersome that all of them have to keep a lookout for anyone else
messing up this macro expansion stuff -- it can be quite hard to spot.
Issuing a warning to some log would help a lot in figuring out what
the problem is.

--
Harald