Re: [EXIM] newbie question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Salvatore Greco, Ben Smithurst
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] newbie question
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Salvatore Greco wrote:
>
> > I get this error when remaking the /etc/aliases file with newaliases:
>
> This is not needed in Exim.

Well, that is only partially the story. The literal command "newaliases"
is indeed not needed, but if any Exim alias files are in anything other
than lsearch format, it will be necessary to rebuild the DBM files or
whatever by some command or other.

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Salvatore Greco wrote:

> The newaliases command :
>
>      newaliases - rebuild the data base for the mail aliases file

>      Newaliases rebuilds the random access data base for the mail aliases file
>      /etc/aliases. It must be run each time this file is changed in order for
>      the change to take effect.

>      Newaliases is identical to ``sendmail -bi''.

> This is from the 'man newalaises' command under FreeBSD 2.2.5

Well, it looks as though your "newaliases" command is actually calling
sendmail despite your having renamed Exim as sendmail. If you have
configured Exim to use an "lsearch" search for the aliases file, then
you shouldn't need to run any kind of program when you change the
aliases. If you have specified a DBM file to Exim, then you can use the
exim_dbmbuild program to build the alias file. For example, on one of
our systems we have

taurus$ type newaliases
newaliases is /usr/bin/newaliases
taurus$ cat /usr/bin/newaliases
#!/bin/sh
/opt/exim/bin/exim_dbmbuild /etc/mail/aliases /etc/mail/aliases

Exim does recognize the -bi option, but you have to give it a command to
run because Exim has no concept of "THE alias file".

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714