Re: [EXIM] Wish-list "votes" (Was: Future development)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sean Witham
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Wish-list "votes" (Was: Future development)

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> The problem I see with this is that a message may have many recipients,
> but Exim keeps only one copy of the headers. I cannot see any way of
> doing this kind of thing other than by cloning the message into a number
> of different messages, each with just one recipient, or the equivalent
> of keeping a different copy of the headers in memory for each recipient
> (could be expensive if there were 1000 recipients). Then each one could
> do its own thing. Since this seriously breaks the internal design of
> Exim, it would be a lot of work.

No doubt but it might be a wise time to consider the effects of
"lists" or would be better put as "exploders" as well as standard
mail with multiple rcpt settings. The request does require a
poweful general purpose model for dealing with headers/body
combinations this may help resolve some conflicts related to
the managment of mailqueues when there are routed, rerouted,
non-rerouted or directed , re-directed and non-redirected
requirements.

--Sean