Re: [EXIM] Wish-list "votes" (Was: Future development)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Sheryn
Para: exim-users
CC: Philip Hazel
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [EXIM] Future development
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Wish-list "votes" (Was: Future development)
Of the items currently in circulation for inclusion on the wish list,
I'd like to "vote" for inclusion of the following (if possible):-

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Sean Witham wrote:

> I would like to be able to use rewrite rules within drivers ! Sometimes I
> only want to perform a rewrite when I know where and how the message is
> going to be delivered.
>
> If this is feature is already availble I have miss-understood the docs,
> maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Right now, I could *really* use this one... :-) [ For the interested - I'd
like to be able to do is to remove all references to the $prefix- from an
address that has been directed by the $prefix- specific director, for which
there exists a specific transport. I guess I might be able to re-direct using
a smartuser director, but just being able to re-write strikes me as much more
elegant. If anyone can point me at a cleaner way right now...]

Also I support the _option_ of syslogging the various logging outputs. I
understand that this doesn't work reliably in high load environments (and
indeed that packets may just get lost) but it would be really handy for a
bunch of relativley low volume workstations to be able to forward important
stuff (paniclog, and rejectlog, etc) to a central logger.

Cheers,

DHS
-- David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???> Postmaster, Computing Services
-- City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
-- Phone: (+44) 171 477 8000 Direct 0171 477 8196 Fax: 0171 477 8565