Re: [EXIM] Wish-list "votes" (Was: Future development)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: David Sheryn
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Wish-list "votes" (Was: Future development)
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, David Sheryn wrote:

> Of the items currently in circulation for inclusion on the wish list,
> I'd like to "vote" for inclusion of the following (if possible):-

"Vote" recorded, but

> On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Sean Witham wrote:
>
> > I would like to be able to use rewrite rules within drivers ! Sometimes I
> > only want to perform a rewrite when I know where and how the message is
> > going to be delivered.

The problem I see with this is that a message may have many recipients,
but Exim keeps only one copy of the headers. I cannot see any way of
doing this kind of thing other than by cloning the message into a number
of different messages, each with just one recipient, or the equivalent
of keeping a different copy of the headers in memory for each recipient
(could be expensive if there were 1000 recipients). Then each one could
do its own thing. Since this seriously breaks the internal design of
Exim, it would be a lot of work.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714