Re: [EXIM] Getting local hostname in configure file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ian D Crorie
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Getting local hostname in configure file
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Ian D Crorie wrote:

> Just before I make my first posting to the list (as an exim admin of
> about two weeks now) I'd like to thank those involved in preparing
> more 'bonehead friendly' documentation. The specs at exim.org
> are good but more simple 'how to ..' stuff would be really useful.

I'm going to start work on that Real Soon Now. Maybe even after lunch...

> However, when the lookuphost router is commented out these machines
> cannot seem to use the DNS to expand 'hostname' to 'hostname.cee.hw.ac.uk'
> and so (eventually) recognise it as local. And a number of things
> here (like lpd errors and an old MUA which I have to support) produce
> addresses of the form user@hostname
>
> If anyone has an alternative solution to this problem, that would be
> great. Thanks in advance.

Add a rewrite rule like this

^[^@]+@[^.]+$ $local_part@$domain.cee.hw.ac.uk

so that all domains in addresses that have only one component get fully
qualified the minute Exim sees them.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714