Re: [EXIM] Getting local hostname in configure file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gyan Mathur
A: Ian D Crorie
Cc: exim-users, gyan
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Getting local hostname in configure file

> [Why do I want the local (non-FQDN) hostname in local_domains?]

> However, when the lookuphost router is commented out these machines
> cannot seem to use the DNS to expand 'hostname' to 'hostname.cee.hw.ac.uk'

Simple, silly (perhaps) question: have you got something like

domain cee.hw.ac.uk

in the /etc/resolv.conf (or wherever it is under whatever Unix you are
using)? Not sure if this is relevant here but...

Actually, with your current set-up, does the main mail hub then
correct the domain and return the mail to the originating machine with
the FQDN set in the address, and does the originating machine then
accept it as local? IMO this is actually a Good Thing, to send all
the mail via the hub, so that all processing, rewriting, mangling etc
can be done in one place. Then you only need a minimal config file on
each workstation / smaller machine.

Gyan.