[EXIM] Building Exim on ULTRIX

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Harald Meland
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Building Exim on ULTRIX
I'm having a hard time getting Exim (1.92) to build on ULTRIX (4.4).

First of all, as a bash user it is kind of a pain having to do "unset
OSTYPE" in order for scripts/os-type to produce an OS the rest of the
build process will recognize. Our ${OSTYPE}s are lowercase, like
this:

melkor$ echo $OSTYPE
ultrix4.4
melkor$ scripts/os-type
ultrix4.4
melkor$ ls OS/*ultrix4.4*
ls: OS/*ultrix4.4*: No such file or directory

However, having sorted the lowercase OSTYPE problem out
(i.e. unsetting it), I was bitten by /bin/sh, which had problems with

buildname=$${build:-`scripts/os-type`-`scripts/arch-type`}

in the top Makefile, as well as a number of other things. ULTRIX
/bin/sh seems to be broken, so I did

melkor# mv /bin/sh /bin/sh.old; ln -s /local/gnu/bin/bash /bin/sh

(and commented out the OSTYPE checks from scripts/os-type), followed
by a hopeful "make". This ended up in

  gcc -c -O    -I. os.c
  In file included from exim.h:97,
                   from os.c:1:
  /local/hacks/gnu/ds/lib/gcc-lib/mips-dec-ultrix4.4/2.8.1/include/sys/utsname.h:62: warning: `struct utsname' declared inside parameter list
  /local/hacks/gnu/ds/lib/gcc-lib/mips-dec-ultrix4.4/2.8.1/include/sys/utsname.h:62: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration,
  /local/hacks/gnu/ds/lib/gcc-lib/mips-dec-ultrix4.4/2.8.1/include/sys/utsname.h:62: warning: which is probably not what you want.
  In file included from libident/ident.h:102,
                   from exim.h:163,
                   from os.c:1:
  /usr/include/sys/socket.h:131: redefinition of `struct linger'
  /usr/include/sys/socket.h:172: redefinition of `struct sockaddr'
  /usr/include/sys/socket.h:181: redefinition of `struct sockproto'
  /usr/include/sys/socket.h:221: redefinition of `struct msghdr'
  make[1]: *** [os.o] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/usit/sauron/u1/hmeland/tmp/exim-1.92/build-ULTRIX-mips'
  make: *** [go] Error 2

, causing me to send this mail. Any suggestions on what to try next?
Has anyone had any success building a recent Exim on ULTRIX? Using
what compiler, etc.?

Are there any plans for making exim use autoconf (and friends), as
those packages have already solved most of the problems I'm reporting?

BTW, I only intend to use the ULTRIX build for satellite mail
configurations, so I guess I could stay with our current sendmail
setup for our ULTRIX satellites for now (we are phasing out ULTRIX
anyway). However, it would be very nice to be able to make the
changeover from sendmail to exim on our satellites once and for all,
and thus be done with that ugly sendmail beast altogether...
--
Harald