Re: [EXIM] Can't get shadow_transport to work

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: James FitzGibbon
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Can't get shadow_transport to work
On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > The problem is that when I try to send a message that the local_delivery
> > transport will take care of, I get this in the logs:
> >
> > 1998-06-27 13:54:40 0ypzBP-0003PY-00 => james <james@???>
> > D=localuser T=local_delivery ST=shadow_local (Expansion of
> > "/tmp/smtp.batch/${host}" (file or directory name for shadow_local
> > transport) failed: )
> > 1998-06-27 13:54:40 0ypzBP-0003PY-00 Completed
>
> I cannot believe that Exim has invented the string "/tmp/smtp.batch/${host}"
> all by itself. Therefore, it must be getting it from somewhere. Does
> this string appear in your configuration file? Are you sure Exim is
> reading the correct configuration file?

Sorry, I had the config snippet from one attempt and the log snippet from
another. "/tmp/smtp.batch/${host}" appeared as the directory argument for
the shadow_local transport.

To simplify matters, I get the same error when I use this config:

shadow_local:
        driver = appendfile
        file = /tmp/batchthis
        bsmtp = all
        prefix =
        suffix =
        user = exim

local_delivery:
        driver = appendfile
        maildir_format
        directory = ${local_part}
        group = mail
        mode = 0600
        shadow_transport = shadow_local

And the log:

1998-06-29 06:04:43 0yqani-0005T7-00 => james <james@???>
D=localuser T=local_delivery ST=shadow_local (Expansion of
"/tmp/batchthis" (file or directory name for shadow_local transport)
failed: )

This is what really seems strange since there are no tokens to be expanded
in '/tmp/batchthis'. This configuration fails even if I set it up as the
argument for local_delivery (so passing /tmp/batchthis as an argument to
appendfile fails regardless of whether it's a shadow transport or not.)

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC Global Net                   Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7610