Re: [EXIM] Future development

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Cass
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Future development
Philip.

> There are over
> 200 items on the various "wish lists" I've kept, of varying sizes and
> various ages. I don't really have a feel for how important any of them
> are to the Exim community.

How do you feel about publishing the wish lists ?? - It may be
possible to debate the items and keep anything that there is a strong
feeling about. I would guess that the wish lists could probably be
cut severely and quite quickly.

> 3. What I would like to do after 2.00 is released is spend time working
> on introductory documentation. I have a couple of chapters written, but
> there is plenty more to do. An FAQ is also needed. Obviously there are
> likely to be bug fixes required for 2.00 and there wouldn't be a
> complete moratorium on development, but I'd want to keep it to a minimum
> for a while.
>
> Comments? Opinions? Objections?

I agree wholeheartedly with this suggestion - I feel that the
documentation is already of very high quality. However I have to
admit that some parts of it took a little while to sink in to my
head, and I would certainly have benefitted from some introductory
documentation before delving into the manual.

It's certainly time for a FAQ and for an example cookbook, and these
things are always better when written by the software author IMHO.

Why not write that book for ORA that somebody mentioned earlier while
you're at it ?? :)

Nigel Cass
Corporate Internet Team Leader
Computing & Network Services