Re: [EXIM] MX Loop

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jochen Topf
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] MX Loop
On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 03:16:23PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> So you want the rather weird specification:
> [..]
> Is that right?

No, not quite. What I would need is more like:

- Lookup MXes in DNS
- If one of the MXes is in a configured list of hosts, ignore this MX, only
use the other MXes

It's basically an extended "self" option. But instead of only saying
"Oh, I am the MX, I can't send it to myself, so I find an MX with higher
priority" it should say: "Oh, I know that MX. Its my friend from next door.
He doesn't want it. I only send it to the one with higher priority. And
if that one is not available I queue it."

Or you could see it that way:
For the purpose of MX delivery the "mx.mydomain.de" and "outgoing.mydomain.de"
should behave as if they are *one* host.

jochen