Re: [EXIM] MX Loop

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jochen Topf
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] MX Loop
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Jochen Topf wrote:

> > > The domain "example.de" has primary MX "mail.example.de" and secondary MX
> > > "mx.mydomain.de". "mx.mydomain.de" is configured to send all outgoing
> > > traffic to "outgoing.mydomain.de" to send it on to its final destination.
> > > But "outgoing.mydomain.de" can't reach the primary and sends it back to
> > > the secondary.
> >
> > Sounds like you need to configure "mx.mydomain.de" to send mail for
> > "example.de" to the primary instead of to your smarthost. This can be
> > trivially done using a domainlist router:
> >
> > example:
> > driver = domainlist
> > route_list = example.de mail.example.de byname
>
> That would mean that I have a complete list of all hosts with an MX record
> pointing to my host. Yes, I should have such a list. No, I don't have it.
> And it's not easy to get one. Don't ask... :-(

So you want the rather weird specification:

. Look up the MX records for the domain.

. If one of them is for the current host, then use the others, in the
normal, standard way.

. Otherwise send to a smarthost.

Is that right?

As it happens, Exim does record whether it has removed the current host
from the list of hosts obtained from an MX lookup - this is so that it
can ignore fallback_hosts in this case, which is a similar sort of
thing. Therefore, it would be trivial to add an option to the lookuphost
router to say "if current host was not removed from the MX list, fail
this router." That is, "if current host is not a secondary MX for this
domain, fail this router". It's a few minutes work. I'll send you a
patch (maybe not today).

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714