Re: R: [EXIM] Quota on maildirs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Jochen Topf
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: R: [EXIM] Quota on maildirs

> Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:
> > I don't have any need for this personally - we just build a list of big
> > mailboxes each week and hassle the mailbox owners :-)
>
> Hassling my customers is not an option, unfortunately. :-)

What do you do when they exceed the quota then ?
Possible sensible answer: accept the mail, increase the quota and
stick it on their bill.
(If you dump their mail because they are over quota, they will hassle you).

> Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> > The only way Exim could do this would be to scan the directory and
> > stat() every file in it each time, adding up the sizes, which seems
> > rather expensive. It could also be defeated if two simultaneous
> > deliveries were taking place.
>
> It doesn't have to be 100%, so two simultaneous deliveries are ok, I guess.
> Stat()ing every file is expensive, thats true, but most of the time it
> should be ok: Most users read their mail regularly and delete everything.
> So most of the time the boxes are empty. At least that is what I see on
> my system.
>
> Seems you don't want to implement it, so I have to do it on my own. :-)
> I will send you the patches.

How many other sorts of "user" are there on the machine ?
It might be better to use a dedicated machine and make these people
into users. Otherwise you are moving towards putting the operating system
inside exim.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna