Re: [EXIM] Query on pop daemons.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vincent Renardias
A: Alexander Koch
Cc: EXIM users list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Query on pop daemons.

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Alexander Koch wrote:

> Now since Exim is capable of handling virtual domains / virtual
> user accounts etc. just fine, I'd like to have a short feedback
> on what kind of POP daemon someone would recommend that work
> with something else than users in your passwd..
>
> We've rather many users in our passwd, I'd say it's too much
> and now I'm looking for a pop3 daemon I don't have to patch
> to make it work without passwd.
>
> Any ideas? Any pointers?

The POP daemon from qmail can work with this setup, but you need to use
the maildir format in exim.
Last time I checked (~6 months ago), it was the only POP daemon that could
use virtual users out of the box (well almost, since you need to get an
alternate checkpassword from www.qmail.org).

    Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -