Re: [EXIM] Filtering Question + patch for MySQL database.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vincent Renardias
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Filtering Question + patch for MySQL database.

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Did I overlooked the filtering doc, or is this feature currently not
> > available?
>
> It's not available. The filtering facility *sets up* deliveries; it does
> not actually run them while filtering (pipe is just another kind of
> delivery). Think of filtering as a "forward file with conditions".

Fair enough. However, even in case "pipe" is just used as a delivering
process, this feature may be used to have a fallback delivery, in case the
pipe command fails.
something like:
---
# Exim filter
pipe /usr/bin/foo
if $pipe_exit_status is not "0" then
    # pipe failed, use default delivery method instead
    save $home/Mail/
endif
---

> This is a common misconception. I have it in mind to think about whether
> something could be done about it, since people do seem want to run pipes
> as part of the filtering process. However, this won't happen for some
> time (the thinking, that is) because I have plenty of other things to
> do....

If I send a patch implementing it, does it have a chance to be included?

    Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -