Re: [EXIM] ETRN and Microsoft NT Exchange

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tim Patterson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] ETRN and Microsoft NT Exchange
On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Tim Patterson wrote:

> I have a request from a MS NT Exchange Customer for ETRN.
> Asking MS to modify Exchange did not help:)
>
> Reviewing the exim email logs and the spec.txt indicates that this
> is possible.
>
> So far I have:
>
> in exim.conf:
> smtp_etrn_hosts=bainsinsurance.com
>
> What is the minimum version and what else has to be configured?

Minimum version of what?

Nothing else has to be configured. However, Exim 1.92 supports only the
form of ETRN where the first character of the argument is '#'. This is
because Exim does not maintain queues of messages for specific hosts or
domains, so cannot easily "release" such a queue. Receiving the command

ETRN #xxxx

causes it to try to deliver any message which has a recipient containing
the string "xxxx" (basically, it runs "exim -R xxxx").

I think you may find that MS Exch doesn't allow tailoring of the ETRN
command, so it may not be possible to persuade it to issue ETRN with #
as the first character.

The latest alpha versions of Exim allow you to specify a command which
is to be run when ETRN is received. This allows you to handle any form
of argument.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714