Re: [EXIM] hitching post?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Evan Leibovitch
Cc: Ben Smithurst, Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] hitching post?
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> Thanks. Your answer is appreciated, but I just want to make sure from the
> rest
> if this group; is the above action standard practice? I hadn't heardy
> about setting the sticky bit on the spool directory before. While I can
> easily implement Dan's workaround, is the problem indicating a deeper
> issue?

Setting the sticky bit is standard practice in some operating system
environments (we do it on some of our systems). There are several ways to
achieve local mail delivery into individual user mailboxes in a common
directory:

(1) Set the sticky bit, thus allowing the delivery to run as the user
with the user's own group.

(2) Set group=mail (or whatever) on the appendfile transport, so that
the delivery runs as the user, but under the mail group, and arrange
that that group has write access to the directory.

(3) Turn off the use of lock files, thus avoiding the need to create
files in the directory. This is not recommended (a) if you are
delivering over NFS or (b) if you are not absolutely sure that the MUAs
which will read the mailboxes user correct fcntl() locking. Personally,
I would never risk this.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714