RE: [EXIM] SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connecti…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: pete clare
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [EXIM] SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection from...

i had it up to 40 minutes and it was still timing out. i shutdown exim and
changed our backup mail server back to sendmail and all the messages were
delivered. the hotmail message to me that hadn't been delivered for > 1 day
was delivered within 30 minutes of changing back to sendmail. admittedly the
machine running sendmail has a faster connection to the net, today i'll
change that machine back to exim and keep an eye on it. i'd be surprised
if 5 or 6 hosts (some of major hosts) had network speed problems for more
than 1 day (when looking at the debug log it seemed everything came in
at normal speed expect when it was waiting for DATA), our mail comes in on
a very lightly loaded leased line.

> I see a trickle of these all the time, sometimes from big sites (there's
> one from apple.com among the 10 or so today). I put it down to network
> glitches. This system is running with the default timeout setting.

do you know if they ever get delivered before they time out at the senders
end?
(the 5 day timeout?)

thanx for your help.